ExxonMobil Introduces Mobil™ Solvancer® Oil-Soluble Cleaner to Help
Power Generation and Petrochemical Companies Improve Equipment
Reliability and Performance
- Developed in partnership with Fluitec®, Mobil™ Solvancer® is an oil-soluble cleaner designed for gas and steam turbine applications, compressors and hydraulic systems.
- Can be added to in-service oils to quickly dissolve varnish and organic deposits, supporting oil conversions, alleviating varnish-related operational issues, and helping with oil life extension.
- Gentle on systems and compatible with lubricants and hydraulic oils formulated with API group I to IV base stocks with no adverse impact on in- service oil or additive performance.
ExxonMobil announced the introduction of Mobil™ Solvancer®, a cost-effective, oil-soluble cleaner that offers industry-leading performance to help operators of power generation and petrochemical equipment improve equipment reliability and reach extended overhaul-to-overhaul goals. The product was developed in partnership with Fluitec, an industry leader in oil enhancement technologies, and is based on the company's proven DECON® technology.
Designed for gas and steam turbine applications, compressors and hydraulic systems, Mobil Solvancer offers industry-leading performance to support oil conversions, alleviate operational issues due to varnish, and help with oil life extension. The product can be added to in-service oils to quickly dissolve varnish and organic deposits from within the system, helping address escalating bearing temperatures and avoid issues such as re-adhesion, transfer of deposits, filter plugging, and oil line flow blockage.
The cleaner offers the industry's lowest treat rate - three to five percent compared to the average treat rate of 10-15% - meaning you need less product to deliver the same level of protection. Mobil Solvancer also offers extended protection of more than one year, exceeding the longevity of most competitive products, thus helping operators optimize overhaul-to-overhaul periods.
“When operating power generation and petrochemical equipment, maximizing productivity and enhancing reliability is critical to minimizing downtime and driving your bottom line,” said Sarah Parsons, Industrial Lubricants Brand Manager for North America. “That's why we worked with Fluitec, the industry's leading oil enhancement technology company, to develop Mobil Solvancer, a cost-effective cleaner that can help operators dissolve varnish and deposits that can cause long-term harm to systems while keeping their equipment running longer between overhauls. That means less downtime - both planned and unplanned.”
Mobil Solvancer is gentle on systems and compatible with a wide range of oils, reducing the need for costly and laborious cleaning and flushing procedures. Specifically, the cleaner is compatible with lubricants and hydraulic oils formulated with API group I to IV base stocks and has no adverse impact on in-service oil or additive performance. Mobil Solvancer also offers exceptional seal compatibility, and it is benign to paints and coatings commonly used in gas and steam turbine applications, compressors and hydraulic systems.
“This partnership between ExxonMobil and Fluitec helps scale our patent-pending technology while bringing a high-value, cost-effective solution to Mobil's customer base,” said Pierre Vanderkelen, Fluitec's CEO. “We are delighted to partner with such a world class organization and help fill a gap in the marketplace for such a value-add product.”
The new oil soluble cleaner is the latest addition to ExxonMobil's portfolio of high-performance, Mobil-branded products and services for power generation applications. The Mobil business has more than 150 years of industry experience and expertise in the power generation and petrochemical sectors, having introduced many industry-leading products that push the boundaries of performance and help increase productivity and efficiency, including:
- Mobil DTE™ 700 series oils, which meet or exceed 17 industry and equipment builder specifications for gas and steam turbines.
- Mobil DTE 932 GT turbine oil, which is designed for bearing lubrication and keep-clean hydraulic servo valve performance in GE Frame Gas turbines.
- Mobil SHC™ 800 series oils, which provide the ultimate in long-life protection and high temperature resistance.
Most recently, ExxonMobil introduced Mobil SHC 918 EE, an oil that delivers overall turbine efficiency improvement of 0.09% when compared to conventional ISO 32 viscosity grade turbine oils and the first product to meet GE's rigorous energy efficient turbine oil specification, GEK 121603.