About the podcast: “The Long Haul with George and Paul” is an ExxonMobil podcast series co-hosted by George Arrants, ASE Education Foundation Vice President, and Paul Cigala, ExxonMobil CVL Applications Engineer and a Chair of the Technology Maintenance Council S.3 Engine Study Group. The series will explore how the technician shortage is impacting today’s fleets with insights from leading industry experts. It will also include on-the-ground insights from fleet maintenance managers discussing how the shortage has impacted their shops, how they’re managing and what they're doing to improve the situation.
In this episode, George and Paul dive into the short- and long-term strategies that can help reduce the technician skills gap. Proper education — including training programs for fleets and fleets’ involvement with tech schools, and OEM programs — can better prepare talent within the trucking industry to face today’s demands.
- “If a business is not involved with their local diesel education program, they’re part of the problem.”
- We discuss how to bridge the technician skills gap.
- What can managers do to retain technician talent?
- Mike Betts, CEO, Betts Company
- George Arrants, ASE Education Foundation Vice President
- Paul Cigala, ExxonMobil CVL Applications Engineer and a Chair of the Technology Maintenance Council S.3 Engine Study Group