About the podcast: “The Long Haul with George and Paul” is an ExxonMobil podcast series co-hosted by George Arrants, ASE Education Foundation Vice President, and Paul Cigala, ExxonMobil CVL Applications Engineer and a Chair of the Technology Maintenance Council S.3 Engine Study Group. The series will explore how the technician shortage is impacting today’s fleets with insights from leading industry experts. It will also include on-the-ground insights from fleet maintenance managers discussing how the shortage has impacted their shops, how they’re managing and what they're doing to improve the situation.
In this episode, our hosts share tales from the field, talking with fleet maintenance managers from Gulf Relay and PepsiCo about how they are going the extra mile to provide their technicians with a mix of opportunity and good quality of life. Join George Arrants of the ASE Education Foundation and Paul Cigala, ExxonMobil CVL Applications Engineer, to learn about solutions for some of the major issues impacting today’s fleets.
- “Give your technicians ownership. Give them pride of that truck when they pass it going down the interstate. Being able to own your job puts you on a totally different level from when your job owns you.” - Marcus Krembs, Gulf Relay
- We hear from real managers on real problems they face.
- What solutions are out there for the biggest issues fleets are facing today?
- Lee Kirby, PepsiCo Senior Fleet Manager
- Marcus Myers, Gulf Relay Senior Director of Fleet Maintenance
- George Arrants, ASE Education Foundation Vice President
- Paul Cigala, ExxonMobil CVL Applications Engineer and a Chair of the Technology Maintenance Council S.3 Engine Study Group